June 30, 2016
Bride and Groom
15 Hints for Your Wedding Day
- Get enough sleep. Go to bed at a decent hour so you can be your best.
- Eat breakfast. Make certain that is high in protein and complex carbs. These foods digest slowly, so if you don’t have time in your schedule to eat, you won’t get too hungry.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get ready. This day can be stressful enough, don’t add to it.
- Break in new shoes. Aching feet & blisters are no fun.
- Wear a dress shirt when getting your hair styled. A T-shirt has to be pulled over freshly coiffed hair. Dress shirts can be unbuttoned without doing any damage to your hair.
- Pack a wedding day survival kit. A typical one includes a first aid kit, a stain remover pen, needle & thread or safety pins, tampons, and anything else that might fix a minor emergency.
- Turn off your phone and put it away.
- Loosen up before you walk down the aisle. Do some light stretching to release tension and get your blood flowing. Make certain that the rest of the wedding party does also – see this YouTube compilation for some embarrassing moments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLjTIqzTlBo
- Pack flats for the reception. Aching feet don’t make for a fun time.
- Be magnanimous. Greet everyone with a smile. No one likes an angry bride, and you won’t like being one either.
- Give a thank you speech with your spouse. Thank your parents, grandparents, and guests for making such a momentous occasion in your life possible.
- Be careful with alcohol. This is a day you’ll want to remember clearly for the rest of your life, so make sure you don’t drink too much. One tip is to drink a full glass of water between each alcoholic drink.
- Appoint someone to save you from chatty guests. Inevitably someone will talk your ear off seemingly unaware it’s your wedding day. That’s why having someone to politely pull you away is a must.
- Arrange for group photos at the reception. Have the DJ call over college friends, co-workers, and teammates for a few quick group photos.
- Get your food to go. Arrange with the caterers to send a couple to-go boxes of food with you when you leave the venue. They’ll be glad to do it, and you won’t worry if you find that getting in a forkful of food is difficult!
- An extra tip. HAVE FUN!!!
Bride and Groom on the beach
Category: UncategorizedTags: Wedding, Wedding Day |